A natural hazard is a naturally occurring event that damages human lives and cause damages to property.
It can be classified as tectonic related or climate related.
1. Explore this website which shows different natural hazards occurring within the month at different parts of the world.
- Click on a particular location and it will provide brief details of the type of natural hazard, date and location.
- Click on the picture and it gives a detailed description of the hazard.
2. Your task is to categorize the hazards appropriately (tectonic or climate related) and justify your decisions.
Download this word document (here) and fill up the table.
Save the file as Name_Class (E.g. Sandy_3N4)
Email your completed work to email@example.com
3. What would you like to find out about natural hazards? Comment in the reply thread below. Don’t forget to leave your names!